MY JOURNEY WITH MOVEMBER
- In 2008, I learned that my father-in-law had prostate cancer.
- I joined Movember that year to grow my mustache to raise awareness and funds for men’s health issues.
- 16 years later I’ve been named the “MoMo” (the individual who raised the MOst MOney in the US) 9 times (2009-2017).
- In 2017, I said I was going to focus on raising awareness going forward, because so many of you had been so supportive and generous over those 9 years, and it was just time.
- And.. last year I was asked to join Movember’s Membership Group, to oversee the performance of the Board, with focus on ensuring that Movember continues to grow, innovate and evolve, while remaining faithful to its Founding Principles.
- But now… Our team, South Bay Mo Bros, is pushing to reach $1 million in lifetime fundraising.
- So… Like Tom Brady, I’m coming out of retirement for one more year, to help the team reach $1 million, and maybe even make a run at 10x MoMo!